Welcome to the website of Canada’s professional organization for educators and programmers working in the art gallery field. CAGE members also include museum educators and students of art education and museology. CAGE members hail from every corner of Canada, working as front-line staff in both education and programming, and as managers, education curators, and post-secondary instructors and professors.
CAGE’s primary goals are to:
- Engage members in meaningful dialogue about the art education field, particularly as it shapes our practice in galleries,
- Keep members current in ongoing research and investigations in the field,
- Connect members with each other and the work we do,
- Advocate the essential role of art in the hearts and minds of Canadians.
CAGE does this through:
- our website,
- our annual symposium,
- our newsletter,
- and participation in the Visual Arts Alliance.
Photo of National Gallery of Canada’s Great Hall used by kind permission of the photographer, Edna Winti